Situated on the Côte d’Azur (The French Riviera), Good is a less expensive vacation spot than the extremely-lux locations of Monaco and Cannes. This Mediterranean metropolis has a big seashore (though it’s rocky), lovely climate, and a relaxed angle. Costs for meals and points of interest are pretty affordable for Western Europe, however lodging (particularly hostels) can get costly. The summers are the busiest and costliest time of the yr, so it’s sensible to ebook your lodging early.
On this Good journey worth information, we’ve outlined the estimated journey bills for meals, lodging, points of interest, alcohol, and different issues that you simply’ll expertise once you go to this lovely metropolis within the French Riviera.
This text is a part of our City Price Guide Collection — Click on right here to see all our metropolis worth guides.
Need to study extra about visiting Good? Take a look at our Good, France On A Finances Journey Guide
- 1 AVERAGE DAILY TRAVEL COSTS TO VISIT NICE, FRANCE
- 2 NICE ATTRACTION AND MUSEUM PRICES
- 3 NICE FOOD PRICES
- 4 NICE TRANSPORTATION PRICES
- 5 NICE HOSTEL, HOTEL, & RENTAL APARTMENT PRICES
- 6 LEARN MORE ABOUT EUROPE TRAVEL COSTS
AVERAGE DAILY TRAVEL COSTS TO VISIT NICE, FRANCE
Under is our breakdown of how a lot you possibly can anticipate to spend on a mean day for the price range-acutely aware traveler. These costs are based mostly on what you’ll want to go to the town comfortably — they don’t embrace issues like huge nights out on the bar/pub, membership entry charges, memento/clothes purchasing, excursions, random purchases, nicer meals, and so forth. Don’t overlook to price range additional for these “non-essentials.”
AVERAGE DAILY COSTS FOR BUDGET TRAVEL IN NICE: €61 (APPROX. $68)
- Points of interest: €10 (one paid attraction + any free sights)
- Meals: €23
- Breakfast: €Four
- Lunch: €6
- Dinner: €10
- Deal with (dessert/beer/wine): €Three.50
- Transportation: €1.50
- Lodging (Hostel): €28
DAILY COST OF FRUGAL TRAVEL IN NICE: €37 (APPROX. $42)
- Points of interest: €5 (free strolling tour + go to one of many free sights)
- Meals: €12
- Breakfast: €zero (free hostel breakfast)
- Lunch: €Four.50 (road meals or takeaway store fare)
- Dinner: €7 (make your personal meal within the hostel or seize one thing low cost)
- Beer: €1 (sit back on the park and have a chilly one)
- Transportation: €zero (stroll)
- Lodging (Low cost Hostel): €20
NICE ATTRACTION AND MUSEUM PRICES
Views from Fort Hill
Good points of interest are reasonably priced and the general public seashores are all the time free.
- Marc Chagall Museum: €9
- Nationwide Museum of Sport: €7
- Museum of Modern Artwork: €10
- Matisse Museum: €10
- Good Archeological Museum: €10
- Monument aux Morts: Free
- La Crypte Archeologique: €5
- Strolling & Excursions: Free- €100
Contemplate a bicycle tour alongside Good’s shoreline and thru the town; €30 covers bicycle and helmet rental on a tour. Riviera and shore excursions are costlier, however they provide the prospect to see Good and Cote d’Azure from the ocean – anticipate to spend €90-€100 per individual on a day journey within the French Riviera.
NICE FOOD PRICES
Lot’s of price range-pleasant eats on the farmers market.
Conventional Good delicacies is closely influenced by Mediterranean cooking — with an emphasis on seafood, olive oil, and recent greens. Attempt native favorites: socca, a chickpea flour, and olive oil crepe, and ratatouille, a tomato, eggplant, and zucchini dish. Cafés are extra casual and have inexpensive meal choices than extra formal eating places. Learn extra of our methods for Consuming and Consuming in Europe on a Price range.
BUDGET BREAKFAST PRICES: FREE–€Four
- Many hostels will supply a free easy breakfast that usually consists of cereal, bread/croissant, and perhaps milk, espresso, tea, or juice (some hostels will supply extra and a few much less). Lodge breakfasts are typically overpriced, so skip these normally.
- A cup of espresso and pastry runs €1.75-€Three.
- Kiosque TinTin is a well-liked native favourite that sells breakfast and lunch sandwiches. €2.50-€Three.50
Price range-Pleasant Breakfast Spots
BUDGET LUNCH PRICES: €Three.50–€6
- Tremendous finances vacationers could make an excellent low cost lunch of bread, cheese, and fruit from any grocery retailer for a couple of euros.
- Socca from a stand within the metropolis prices €2.50-€Four.
- Kebabs or falafel from a stand run €2.50-€Four.
- Mediterranean cafés and take-away are widespread, with Greek and Turkish meals being hottest. Anticipate to pay €Three-€6 for a meal.
- Pizza at a sit-down or takeaway pizzeria will run €Four-€6.
BUDGET DINNER PRICES: €Four–€10
- Just about all of the choices from the ‘Budget Lunch’ part above may even apply for dinner.
- Niçoise salad, a chilly salad with anchovies, shallots, tuna, and – typically – potatoes, is a Good culinary staple. Anticipate to pay €Eight-€12 at a sit-down restaurant for this conventional favourite.
- Farcis, hollowed-out zucchini or eggplant full of meat, garlic, and breadcrumbs, is one other native dish. €7-€11.
- Take-away sandwiches, burgers, and kebabs run €Three-€6 for an inexpensive dinner.
- Banh Mi (Vietnamese sandwich) is a well-liked native selection and runs €Three-€5.
Finances-Pleasant Lunch and Dinner Spots:
- Illia Pasta: It’s a small barebones restaurant however the proprietor/chef serves up recent, reasonably priced, and attractive pasta. There isn’t a lot ambiance inside so snag certainly one of the outside tables for some pretty al fresco eating. You can even get your pasta to go. Nice Previous City location.
- Chez Palmyre: A superb place to get a standard, house-fashion French cooking. We advocate their €18 three-course menu. Reservations inspired.
- Creperie Le Trimaran: A pleasant little crepes place. You will get a savory and dessert crepe for underneath €10.
- L’Atelier de Julien: Pleasant pizza joint however it’s a bit outdoors Previous City.
- Made in Sud Pizzeria: Neopolitian pizza place close to the Port.
- Chez Pipo: The preferred place to get socca.
- A Buteghinn: A small restaurant in the midst of Previous City serving up conventional “certification Cuisine Nissarde” dishes. The restaurant is run/owned by three candy French ladies. Principally outside seating. Additionally they have preprepared takeaway meals for those who’re on the go. Reservations beneficial. Money solely.
- Lou Pilha Leva: Outside picnic type seating at this takeaway restaurant within the coronary heart of Previous City. Cease by for a fast conventional snack and chilly beer. The hen and fries for €Eight.50 is a strong deal.
- Chez Rene Socca: A chaotic and no-frills place in Previous City that serves up native road meals at reasonably priced costs. There are tables outdoors obtainable however you’re required to purchase a drink. There’s all the time a line however service is fast.
- Badaboom Bistro And BeJuice Bar: Hip gap-in-the-wall restaurant serving natural vegan meals and juices. Good house owners. It’s a bit costly however the high quality is strong.
- Tartine et Galinette: One other pretty barebones spot serving up low cost however tasty pizza, sandwiches, and different easy meals.
- Le Falafel: An genuine household-run center japanese restaurant serving up recent falafel and shawarma dishes. Fast and pleasant service.
- Farmers Market: The Farmers Market is a superb place to get all types of recent produce and ready meals — from cheese and bread to bruschetta and fruit. Open every single day, from 6 am to five.30 pm besides Mondays, Sunday afternoons and public holidays.
DRINKS AND ALCOHOL PRICES
- Anticipate to pay €Four-€5.50 for a beer out.
- At a grocery, beer runs €.90-€1.75, and a bottle of wine about €6.
NICE TRANSPORTATION PRICES
Public transit in Good is served by bus and trams all through the town. The town’s trams run each Four minutes, beginning at Four:25 am.
- One ticket: €1.50
- 10 journeys: €10
- 7-day limitless move: €15
Airport transit from metropolis middle
- by way of Tram: €6 (line 98 and 99)
- by way of bus: AERO line, €6
- by way of taxi: €25-€30
Bicycle rental: VeloBleu bicycles can be found for 1 day/week/month leases (€1/€5/€10) all through the town.
NICE HOSTEL, HOTEL, & RENTAL APARTMENT PRICES
Lodging in Good is fairly expensive — particularly in the summertime since Good is a seashore vacation spot. Anticipate to pay a premium on the weekends, so go to in the course of the early week if you wish to save. Moreover, chances are you’ll need to guide forward in the summertime since demand is excessive.
Hostel Costs: €20-€35
You must price range about 25€/night time per individual for an honest hostel — though many hostels increase their costs considerably on the weekend. Keep in mind, these costs are for a mattress in a shared dorm room. If you would like a personal room, anticipate to pay €75-€110 complete (for 2 individuals). Take a look at the newest hostel costs at Hostelworld.
The Greatest-Rated Hostels in Good:
Finances Lodge Costs: €80-€150
An honest finances lodge close to the town middle will value round €100-€130/night time. You will discover cheaper motels if you wish to keep farther away from the middle of the town or should you don’t thoughts staying in an excellent low-finances place.
On the lookout for a price range lodge? We advise testing Reserving.com to see lodge costs on your dates since they’re all the time altering.
Rental Condo Costs: €70-€120/night time
You’ll discover fairly a number of condo leases in Good. They could be a good choice for giant teams or vacationers who need just a little more room (and a kitchen). However, you might also need to cope with inconvenient verify-in processes and issues like additional cleansing charges and repair fees. For brief stays, we choose motels/hostels however rental flats is usually a good choice for longer stays.
LEARN MORE ABOUT EUROPE TRAVEL COSTS
We’ve created a information concerning the prices of touring by means of Europe (together with extra City Price Guides) — Click on right here to learn extra about Europe Journey Costs.
No Humorous Enterprise
We need to be absolutely clear that this publish might include affiliate hyperlinks. Meaning we obtain a small fee for those who make a purchase order after clicking the hyperlink — it doesn’t value you something additional and it helps help the location.
Thanks For The Help! — Susan and James
Questions? Study extra about our Strict Promoting Coverage and How To Help Us.